Meet Fr Terry

Fr Terry Steele is the Rector of the 6 Burgh parishes

Fr Terry Steele

Fr Terry is also the Rural Dean of the Calcewaithe & Candlesohe Deanery and is a Canon of Lincoln Cathedral.

Arrangements about Baptisms, Banns of Marriage, Weddings, Confessions and other matters should be made with Fr Terry.

Contact Fr Terry

Rector & Rural Dean

Canon Terry Steele,
The Rectory
Glebe Rise
Skegness, PE24 5BL
01754 810216

Welcome to the Burgh Group of Parishes

All Saints' Church, Wainfleet All SaintsSt Peter & St Paul's Church, Bratoft

A small Medieval Green Sandstone Church with a Georgian Tower built in 1747. Now serves a small scattered community. Bratoft is  the birth place of John Scott, a translator of the bible born in Bratoft in 1747and the church possesses 'poppy head' bench ends.

St Mary's Church, Wainfleet St MarySt Peter & St Paul's Church, Burgh-le-Marsh

We have a very popular Church School in Burgh with approx 200 children, which has its own website. The Rector conducts assembly every week and the children attend church once a term and on major Church festivals.

St Peter's Church, Thorpe St Peter
St Peter's Church, Gunby

This is a small parish of approx 27 souls. The Church is in the grounds of Gunby Hall (owned by the National Trust, and formerly the home of the Massingberds) but the Church is still the village church and maintained by local people.

All Saints' Church, Croft
All Saints' Church, Irby

Another small marshland village with an equally small church. Situated on the B1195 from Spilsby to Wainfleet. It is locked but a key notice is in the notice board.

St Peter's Church, Thorpe St Peter
All Saints' Church, Orby

A small village on the busy road to the coast. Only the pub and the church now survive., after the loss of Post Office, Shop, Chapel & School. The Church is situated on Church Lane just past the Old School. It is open daily.

All Saints' Church, Croft
St Martin's Church, Welton-le-Marsh

A small village at the foot of the Lincolnshire Wolds. The Church was rebuilt in 1797 in brick, but stone from the original church is part of the base. The Church is open daily.